Spring Barn Sale '16

Life is a beautiful.... cold, warm, 
what's the weather going to be like?!?!.... Ride!
                                                                                 
                                                                               04/12/16
Photo credit to the official photographer Brandon Malone Photography
Much time is spent planning a barn sale. With each sale, you try to improve, hope for the best, and enjoy the success or failure of all that went into it. This is part of the nature of having a newer barn sale and one that is dependent upon the weather. The time is set months, maybe even a year in advance and you simply hope for the best. With this being the third sale, I learned from the 2015 spring sale you really are taking a chance in March... but then again with Tennessee weather, any month is just simply taking a chance. 


I find myself a month in advance looking at weather apps; hoping it's showing sunshine with no wind, rain, sleet, snow, or any crazy weather that can be had. From the previous two, it was crazy weather - warm all week, and BANG the weekend comes and something happens... it gets colder, windy, with a chance of  rain, sleet, snow. Just maybe if you're lucky, that will happen all in one day; for becca Anne Barn Sale, it has. 

Bow & Arrow Designs incredible jewelry
"Let's move the timetable up, maybe that will help", I thought. The weather app is not helping when it says clear and warm to 40% chance rain to no chance to.... "what's the weather going to be like?!?!?" Finally, you give up and can't look anymore. I cannot count how many times people said to me "You sure know how to pick the days, don't you?" Apparently so! 

Poppie's Boutique is a favorite stop!
Friday and Saturday were a flip flop of rain chances and I was expecting them to both have much rain. The morning of the event, I was prepping some last minute items outside and looked up to see dark rain clouds. I became frustrated and was about to cry thinking "how can this happen every time?" As I continued to look up something beautiful appeared, a big ole' rainbow! Do you ever feel God places things just for you, to assure you? I truly felt that in that moment. As a friend of mine calls it, "God winks!" A peace took over and I had to just let go and let it be, thinking just maybe He is saying it will all turn out just fine. 

Knotted Twine Co.'s signs are beautifully made.
Friday and Saturday were mild as compared to other days that week. However, it stayed clear and beautiful! It did not rain a bit during the sale. You all came in droves and kept the barn sale hopping! The vendors were thrilled and people were excited to simply be out for awhile with such a harsh winter. You came, you bought, you laughed, you SUPPORTED! I cannot be prouder of how this sale went and for that, I truly thank this community and surrounding areas who traveled far to come to becca Anne Barn Sale. 

UpCycled Book Art had a fantastic repurposed use for old books
Sunday became a whole different story and was much like the Friday night of the debut sale in 2015. It hailed and was miserably cold! With many vendors traveling far, a decision was made to close two hours early. It is very hard to make that decision but one that had to be made. However, the two beautiful days were welcomed with open arms. 


The Cottage Market not only had great boutique clothing but also custom coolers.



The vendors came out and showed out with all their beautiful handmade, boutique, antique, repurposed items. I have enjoyed seeing your friendships bloom and getting to know all of you in the little time that I have walking around to all. That is what keeps me going; your love for this sale. It really means a lot when you have such positive remarks to say about this small yet mighty barn sale. We do become a little "barn sale family!"

Brandon Malone Photography debuting his sports team pictures at the sale.
I also need to especially thank Brandon Malone Photography for his professionalism, support, and the extra mile he goes for the vendors to make sure they get their pictures. I have seen the photos hanging in stores, shared on social media, and are truly enjoyed by all. The quality is unmatched and he captures the vendors items and the sale in a unique way. Be sure to check his work out on his website, Brandon Malone Photography and Facebook Brandon Malone Photography. 

Do something that matters. organizer, Tracy Crosland brings along friends to shop!
A  check for $360 was made to Samaritan's Purse on behalf of Do something that matters. They were our partnered charity for the spring sale. For each purchase of a shirt from Do something that matters., $1 was donated from becca Anne Barn Sale. If you wore the shirt to the sale, you got in free! Read more about this fantastic charity and organizer on this blog by going to this link: Do something that matters. 

Not only did Rogers Homemade have many bath products made from bees,
she also had this amazing sign that I snatched up.
Also sponsored were two siblings going on a mission trip to Guatemala. By eating at Open Air Market on Saturday, around $750 was made to help fund their trip overseas. Our next charity will be a local food pantry that will receive a portion of the gated admission fees. A story about this sweet food pantry organizer will be placed up on the blog later. 

Rust & Splinters had a beautiful chalkboard of our theme.
They also took 1st place for best-decorated booth.




Life is a Beautiful Ride! It might be full of weathered storms, crazy rides, and take you places you never thought... but it is a beautiful ride. Til' the next time, when the next theme is introduced, Enjoy your ride,

Join us September 16 - 18, 2016 for the fall sale.
Would you like to be a vendor? 
Here is the link for more information, Fall 2016 Barn Sale Vendor Info

Enjoy some more pictures below



No comments:

Post a Comment